CHRONIC ILLNESS CONSULTATIONS WITH DR PITSILIS
If you would like to see Dr Pitsilis please read the information below and send us an email.
Dr Frances Pitsilis sees patients with chronic illnesses from all over New Zealand and overseas.
Since the program “Is Modern Medicine Killing You” aired more people have become aware of Dr Pitsilis as an Integrated Medicine doctor.
Some of the conditions she sees include:
Acne – teenage and adult see also Skinfresh Clinic
ASTHMA AND ALLERGY
GUT AND BOWEL PROBLEMS
Irritable bowel syndrome
Inflammatory bowel disease – Crohns disease, Ulcerative colitis.
HEART / BLOOD PRESSURE/ CHOLESTEROL
Coronary artery disease
METABOLIC/ DIABETES / BONES
Diabetes type I and II
Obesity and weight problems
Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Menopause and hormone problems – men and women
FATIGUE AND PAIN
Chronic fatigue and pain conditions including Fibromyalgia
Migraine, headache – Botulinum toxin can be used if appropriate.
STRESS AND MOOD PROBLEMS
Stress, depression, postnatal depression, anxiety and burnt out syndrome
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THAT IS NOT ON THIS LIST, PLEASE EMAIL US.
CONSULTING WITH DR FRANCES PITSILIS
Please read the following information carefully before you commit to your first consultation.
FUNDING AND COSTS RELATED TO CONSULTING DR PITSILIS
- Unlike her GP colleagues, Dr Pitsilis does not receive general practitioner PHO government funding and needs to charge for her time and business costs.
- Health insurance companies reimburse her consultations as per the GP rate. So you will need to fund the rest of the consultation yourself if you are insured.
- You will pay $15 per prescription at the chemist.
- Her hourly rate is $400.00 including GST
- You are likely to have to buy some natural supplements along with any prescriptions she gives you.
CONSULTATIONS AND FEES
- You must keep your family doctor and see him/her for your everyday health problems and health screening. Dr Pitsilis usually writes to your doctor.
- The first visit is two hours long, ($800 + $65 admin fee*). This, along with the pre visit administration and preparation is designed to save time and money and achieve faster results. Most patients have between 10-25 conditions related to their issues, this 2 hours is required to diagnose and make a treatment plan.
- Deposit of $200+ $65 (non-refundable administration fee).
- Second visit is usually 45 minutes long and will cost $300.
- Subsequent visits will usually, but not always, last 30 minutes and cost $200 incl GST.
- Further consultations are determined by your progress and needs. The aim is for you to ultimately then see her for yearly maintenance consultations if necessary.
PRE VISIT ADMINISTRATION AND PREPARATION
- The staff obtain old blood results so that these are not duplicated.
- You fill in an initial brief questionnaire that Dr Pitsilis reads to get an initial idea of your problems. Your appointment date is only made on this form being returned.
- Dr Pitsilis will then order any extra tests required.
- A $65 non-refundable administration fee is paid along with a deposit of $200 on booking the first visit. The administration fee covers the 1 ½-2 hours of preparations taken by Dr Pitsilis and the staff so that when you arrive for your first visit, all the information is ready and at hand. This is designed to save time and money and achieve faster results.
- You are then posted a health and symptom questionnaire that you will fill in and bring to the visit along with any other information and results.